What To Do With

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Greek Salad Pita Sandwich




Patrick says that one of the reasons he married me, or rather, fell in love with me, was because of my skills with a well composed sandwich.

Patrick and I gave up pasta, bread and potatoes about a year ago but sometimes we break the rules and go back to the perfect designed sandwich.

I believe very strongly in the perfect sandwich. Attention to detail, layering and sauces. They all add up to create a deliciously balanced lunch, dinner or snack.

I usually use last nights dinner as inspiration for my sandwich of the day.

Today I used left over greek chicken. I put together a small greek salad and that was that. A perfect lunch.

In a bowl combine cut tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, cucumber slices, feta cheese, olive oil salt and pepper. Add some chopped mint and parsley. You could also add some olives. Mix and combine all the flavors well.

Heat your pita for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Lay down some Tzaziki, add your chicken and salad mixture and enjoy.







No comments:

Post a Comment