What To Do With

Friday, August 6, 2010

Zucchini Soup




Here is a recipe for Zucchini soup. I don't normally make Zucchini anything, because I don't particularly enjoy the taste or the flavor. I had to make an exception this one time. My mom's friend brought over a basket of beautiful fresh vegetables from her garden. In the basket were some incredibly large and very "soupable" Zucchinis.

I tend to find Zucchini soup somwhat gelatinous because of it's very seedy inside. This very large zucchini rendered more flesh than anything else so I experimented in the kitchen until I found the perfect recipe.


I needed white wine for the recipe but I was at my sister's house and she did not have any so I used Smirnoff Mojito Vodka mix!!! I know it sounds strange but mint nad Zucchini work really well together so I decided to give it a try. It worked beautifully exactly that special flavor I was looking for.

If you are not feeling daring or don't have any Mojito Vodka lying around ( why would you, really???) go ahead and use white wine.

I had just made a fresh chicken broth form last nights chicken (see kids chicken soup for the recipe) so I used that as the base for the soup. Vegetable broth would work beautifully in this soup too!

I hope you enjoy.

Olive oil
1 very large Zucchini or 4 small zucchini's -seeds removed with a small spoon.
1 onion diced
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes or pepperoncino
1/2 cup pf Mojito Vodka
Chicken broth
Fresh Mint

In a pot saute onion, garlic and zucchini until golden yellow.

Add chili flakes.
Add Mojito Vodka
Add broth
Bring to a boil
Reduce heat to med low until zucchini is cooked.

Let cool.

Add fresh mint about six 6-10 leaves
Puree in a blender or with a hand mixer.
Serve with a slice of toasted bread, shaved parmesan or a dollop pf cream.
Garnish with fresh chives or a sprig of mint!







Zucchini Soup



No comments:

Post a Comment